St John of God Warrnambool Hospital
- Opened new doctors’ rooms providing additional specialists on site, including a dermatologist, orthopaedic surgeon and two psychiatrists.
- Expanded the carpark and installed solar lighting.
- Achieved an excellent overall accreditation result with four ‘met with merits’.
- General surgeon Dr Philip Gan became the first in Australia to use micro instrumentation.
- In the Press Ganey Doctor Satisfaction Survey, Warrnambool Hospital achieved the 98th percentile – the highest ranking in Australia – for all facilities and all private hospitals with up to 100 beds.
- Grant funding continued for our Specialist Training Program positions across medical and gynaecology registrar positions. This equates to 280,000 per annum and funds the training positions in line with the relevant colleges.
- Dr Jenny Conrick appointed Director of Mission.
- Research project Musica Viva Music approved by St John of God Health Care, and currently undergoing ethics approval with the University of Western Australia.
- Physician Mr Noel Bayley contributed to Timor Hearts.
- Ongoing partnerships with Barwon Health for medical registrar training, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for registrar training, Deakin Medical School for medical student placements, universities for student placements across nursing and allied health, and clinical placement of Pastoral Care students completing Clinical Pastoral Education training through the Alfred Hospital.
- Regular and ongoing support to Anglicare Foodbank including food collections.
- Collections throughout the year of toiletries for the Uniting Church’s showering program.
- Provision of soup and support at the St Joseph’s Church soup kitchen.
- Caregiver participation in Clean Up Australia Day.
- Collection of goods for the It’s In the Bag appeal, for women who have been subjected to domestic violence.
- Our St John of God Warrnambool Hospital Relay for Life team raised more than $11,500, which will be allocated to a research project for the Cancer Council.
- Hospital Auxiliary raised $25,000.
- Emmanuel College, St Joseph’s Primary School and St Pius’ Primary School collaborated for Musica Viva.
- Conducted a pilot work experience placement to strengthen employment opportunities for young people with a disability.
- Aboriginal representative on our Consumer Reference Committee strengthens the partnership between the Hospital and local Aboriginal communities.
- Embedding Musica Viva program in schools.
- Deepening connections with the Primary Health Care Network to ‘Support our Dairy Community: A coordinated response to the Dairy Crisis.’
- Strengthening the trust and relationships with local Aboriginal communities through shared activities.
Develop partnership with Court Integrated Services Program.
Location: 136 Botanic Road, Warrnambool
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Trevor Matheson
Medical Advisory Chair: Mr Robert Toma
Accredited doctors: 130
Theatre and procedure rooms: three theatres
Services: Oncology unit, Medical unit, Rehabilitation unit, elective surgery, sleep studies and outpatient services that include mental health, allied health, dietetics and diabetes.