St John of God Pinelodge Clinic
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation program has proven to be highly successful as a form of evidence based ancillary treatment.
- Full manualisation of Day Programs across a range of treatment modalities.
- Introduction of continued growth of the “Young Persons Therapy Program” – a program developed for persons between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Expanded suite of fully manualised Creative Arts Programs.
- Commenced structured group and individual discharge/recovery planning sessions for inpatients.
- Ongoing development of Family Information and Support Program for the families and carers of inpatients.
- Enhanced structure and function of Triage Department to facilitate a more efficient patient service delivery.
- Implementation of volunteer service catering for patient activities including games, arts and crafts, pet therapy and music.
- Director of Nursing appointed to build capacity in nursing leadership.
- Director of Allied Health appointed as part of therapy department restructure and improvement plan.
- Provided $340,000 funding to the Origins program, which delivers mental health case management and programs to culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Developed and implemented a research project with Ermha to identify gaps in provision of mental health services to the asylum seeker communities.
- Raised funds throughout the year for World Vision and Cottage by the Sea, a registered charity that empowers disadvantaged children.
- Donated $500 worth of food each month to the Anglicare food cupboard.
- Funded a play group at the local Anglican Church.
- Regularly donated furniture to the St Vincent de Paul Society.
- Developed partnership with local disability school so students could attend work experience at the hospital.
- Implement satellite program with St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation Hospital focusing on pain management.
- Commence trauma-focused program for emergency services personnel suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.
- Commence occupationally targeted telephonic psychological counselling service.
- Submit grant application for provision of community-based mental health services for marginalised communities.
Location: 1480 Heatherton Road, Dandenong
Chief Executive Officer: Ms Tracey Tobias
Medical Advisory Chair: Dr Igor Shvetsov
Accredited doctors: 37
Theatre and procedure rooms: ECT Suite and two rTMS chairs
Services: Inpatient acute psychiatry and drug and alcohol recovery, day patient programs, private psychiatric and drug and alcohol counselling, Community Mental Health.