Ms Eva Skira
BA, MBA, FAICD, FAIM, SNR FFSIA, FGIA
Chairman since 1 January 2014. Trustee since February 2012 and Deputy Chairman from 1 January 2013–1 January 2014.
- Career background in commerce and financial markets, gaining an MBA from the renowned IMD International in Switzerland.
- Executive positions at Commonwealth Bank and Barclays de Zoete Wedd, followed by consulting in business, project management and strategic advice.
- More than 20 years’ experience as a director on boards in business, government, education and the not-for-profit sectors.
- St John of God Health Care Board Member 1999-2008 and Deputy Chairperson 2008-2012.
- Current Director Macmahon, RCR Tomlinson Ltd and WA Parks Foundation.
Rev Dr Joseph Parkinson
Deputy Chairman since January 2014 - Appointed October 2009
- Ordained for the Archdiocese of Perth in 1981.
- Postgraduate in Moral Theology from the Alphonsian Academy in Rome (STL) and The University of Notre Dame Australia in Fremantle WA (PhD).
- Current Director of LJ Goody Bioethics Centre in Perth WA.
- Concurrent appointments: Director of Catholic Health Australia; Honorary Fellow of Australian Catholic University; Member of WA Department of Health Reproductive Technology Council; Clinical Ethics Consultancy, Perth Children’s Hospital; and St John of God Health Care Human Research and Clinical Ethics Committees.
Mr Frank Cooper
AO B.Com (UWA) FCA FAICD
Appointed January 2015
- Extensive business experience spanning more than 30 years and a long record of community service.
- Member of the Senate of the University of Western Australia and Chair of its Strategic Resources Committee.
- Current director of Woodside Petroleum Limited and South 32 Limited and Chairman of the Insurance Commission of Western Australia.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Awarded an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2014 and Western Australian of the Year – Professions category in 2015.
Sr Anne Derwin RSJ
BA, Dip Teaching, Grad Dip Religious Studies, M Ed, PhD (Honoris Causa)
Appointed July 2015
- Early career in secondary education as teacher and Principal followed by leadership of the Sisters of St Joseph NSW Province from 1996-2002 and then Congregational Leader of the Sisters of St Joseph from 2008-2014.
- Centre Director at St Joseph’s Kincumber and Mary MacKillop Place North Sydney, President of Catholic Religious Australia from 2010-2012, Board Member of St John of God Health Care from 2004-2009, Chair St Anthony’s Family Care 2004-2008 and Chair Good Grief 2015- 2017.
- Current Board Chair Mary MacKillop Place.
Mrs Mary McComish
LLB (UWA), LLM (Lond)
Appointed July 2013
- Retired lawyer.
- Associate Professor of Law at The University of Notre Dame for 10 years.
- Dean of Law at The University of Notre Dame from 2005 until her retirement in 2007.
- Director of Daydawn Advocacy Centre from 2013-2016, an initiative of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Perth on behalf of Indigenous people.
- Trustee of MercyCare WA.
Mr John (Jack) Moore
Appointed July 2013
- Extensive business experience in marketing, advertising and public relations, including 28 years as principal of his own business providing services to a large range of companies.
- Involved in financial/property governance for the Diocese of Sandhurst.
- Board Member of Mercy Health and Aged Care in Victoria since 1996.
- Represented the Diocese of Sandhurst as Member of St John of God Australia Limited from October 2010 until 30 June 2013.
- Board Member of Mount Alvernia Hospital Bendigo (now St John of God Hospital Bendigo) from 1987-1996 and Chairman from 1990-1996.
Mr Mark Murphy
LLB (UWA), BJuris (UWA), FLWA
Appointed January 2014
- General Manager for the Australian Region of the Sisters of St John of God.
- Previously General Counsel and Company Secretary St John of God Health Care.
- Affiliate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Member of the Law Society of WA, Member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association and an alumni of Leadership WA’s Signature Leadership Program.
Mrs Therese Temby
AO BSc, Grad Dip Educ, Grad Dip ILS
Appointed October 2004
- Career began as a secondary school teacher in Western Australia, first in Government schools and then in the Catholic education system.
- Contributed to state and national educational organisations through board membership and committee participation.
- Former appointments include Director of Catholic Education WA from 1993-2003, Chair of the Curriculum Council of WA from 2004-2006 and Chair of the National Catholic Education Commission from 2008-2013.