St John of God Hauora Trust
- Ministry of Social Development accreditation achieved for our Community, Youth and Child Services division for maximum three years.
- Received three-year contract with Ministry of Vulnerable Children (Oranga Tamariki) for intensive social work support, lead professional capacity, support for youth at risk, intensive case management and community development.
- Provided 42,283 nights of residential care and community living facilities to people living with a physical or neurological disability.
- Achieved bed occupancy greater than 96% across Health and Ability Services.
- Opened the six-room Pampuri House at St John of God Halswell, delivering a transitional living environment for people living with disability.
- Renewed funding arrangements with a range of government departments.
- Delivered counselling to 422 young people and social work support to 124 young people.
- Collaborative Adventure Therapy and Mental Health and Wellbeing program delivered to eight schools, with 14 groups supporting 73 youth at risk and 20 young people experiencing eating issues.
- Supported 40 young women at risk through the Mana Wahine Adventure Therapy Group.
- Continued Adventure Therapy partnership with Department of Corrections, supporting 24 young people who have offended throughout the year.
- Delivered 59,995 hours of early childhood education at Little Owls’ Preschool.
- Supported 172 vulnerable young parents at St John of God Waipuna through 16 young parent education groups.
- Doubled scope of Mellow Parenting Program.
- Delivered 12,224 rehabilitation and therapy hours through the Granada Centre, our Neurological Rehabilitation Centre of Excellence.
- Continued providing the HOPE social housing project.
- Commenced implementation of Ministry of Health pay equity settlement for workers in aged and disability residential care and home and community support services.
- Organisation-wide roll out of Roster to Pay program for all caregivers.
- Appointed Stewart Clark as Regional Manager and Vishal Nagar as Rehabilitation and Therapy Manager of Health and Ability Services (Northern).
- Received award from the Ministry of Social Development for our role in Earthquake Support Coordination after the 2010/11 Canterbury earthquakes.
- Community, Youth and Child Services signed Memorandum of Understanding with Plunket NZ to deliver pregnancy and parenting education to young parents in partnership.
- Community, Youth and Child Services continued to implement a five-year contract with the Department of Corrections for delivery of the rehabilitation and reintegration Mauri Toa Rangatahi youth offender program.
- Annual charity auction delivered more than NZ$14,000 in funding to support vulnerable young parents.
- Implement Residential Care Pathway program at Health and Ability Services.
- Prepare to implement Group Health and Safety modules.
- Commence NZ$2 million seismic strengthening and refurbishment program at the St John of God Karori facility.
- Establish feasibility of social enterprise models to drive innovation in funding and service delivery.
Implement Pae Ora Plan supporting the implementation of our Mãori Health Plan and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Location: New Zealand
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Steve Berry
Services: Residential care and rehabilitation services supporting people aged 18-65 with physical and neurological disabilities in Canterbury and Wellington (Health and Ability Services), social services supporting vulnerable youth and young parents in Canterbury (Community, Youth and Child Services).